AQHA 2021 Graded Stakes Stakes List Adjusted
AMERICAN QUARTER HORSE ASSOCIATION—MAY 14, 2020—The AQHA Graded Stakes Committee has reviewed the grades given to stakes races and evaluated and affirmed the quality of races.
The committee is made up of a geographically diverse group of AQHA members who do an extensive examination of races, which includes basic requirements (such as purse, distances, longevity, mandatory testing, etc.), points for horses running in the race within the past three years and many other factors.
In 2021, the following changes have been made to graded stakes:
- Upgraded to a Grade 1: Remington Park Distance Championship
- Upgraded to a Grade 2: El Primero Del Ano Derby
- Upgraded to a Grade 3: Balloon City Stakes, Canterbury Distaff Challenge and Herman Jefferson Stakes
- Upgraded to a Restricted Grade 2: Shue Fly Stakes
- Upgraded to a Restricted Grade 3: Futurity Desafio Crianza Mexicana, Futurity Mexico
- Downgraded to a Restricted Grade 2: Louisiana QHBA Sale Futurity
- Downgraded to a Restricted Grade 3: Opelousas Stakes
The complete list of graded stakes can be found here on the AQHA website.
* * * * * * *
For the latest in American Quarter Horse racing news, visit aqha.com/racing.
AQHA News and information is a service of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more news and information, follow @AQHAnews on Twitter and visit aqha.com/news.