Who Is Speedhorse?
Speedhorse is your Global Connection to the Quarter Horse Racing World
The SPEEDHORSE monthly magazine features nationwide coverage of horse racing, including Quarter Horse, Paint and Appaloosa stakes races. Current events and vital statistics regarding the Quarter Horse Racing industry throughout the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada and Mexico, are also included. Special issues include the Champion, Broodmare, Special Sale, as well as a Stallion Register and Barrel Stallion Register at year-end.
- Sponsors Quarter Horse, Paint and Appaloosa races each year.
- Sponsors the SPEEDHORSE Paint and Appaloosa Triple Crown each year.
- Hosts the SPEEDHORSE Stallion Auction each year.
- Presents the SPEEDHORSE Sam Thompson Memorial Jockey Award in conjunction with the Jockeys' Guild each year.
- Lists leading sires from every operating QH track in the country.
- Reports breeder, owner, trainer and jockey leader boards.
- Covers results from every major Quarter Horse sale.
- Presents special editorials, including pedigree features, equine health, and human-interest pieces.
- Showcases Faces at the Races photography features as well as Photo Snapshots of racing and industry events across the country.
- The SPEEDHORSE Website includes all of the above, plus a detailed stakes race calendar.
Who are our Subscribers?
The Quarter Horse, Paint & Appaloosa Racing industry – racing fans, owners, breeders, trainers, jockeys, stallion owners, mare owners, track officials, etc. They are individuals with a steadfast commitment to the racing industry. In the Barrel Racing industry, our subscribers are owners, breeders, trainers and riders who are a cross section of the industry.
The SPEEDHORSE subscriber base reaches across the U.S. and into Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, Italy, and more.
What makes our readers a target audience for advertisers?
Our readers are an affluent audience of readers with expendable income of which they allocate a large portion to investing in and caring for their horses. They make major purchases in such areas as feed, horse supplies, clothing, barns, farm and ranch supplies, trucks, trailers, real estate, etc.
A prominent number of our subscribers are business owners and/or industry leaders.
A Multi-Billion Dollar Industry
The horse industry contributes $39 billion in direct economic impact annually to the United States economy. When considering indirect and induced spending, the horse industry generates approximately $102 billion; $26.1 billion from the racing segment alone!*
*Information obtained by the 2005 American Horse Council economic study.
Our Reader Base
In addition to our subscriber base, SPEEDHORSE is distributed at many operating Quarter Horse racetracks and major sales nationwide, as well as at major barrel racing events across the United States, reaching an additional estimated 10,000 readers!